SEAC does almost all of its concrete work in what we call campaigns or working groups. Most of these groups are working on one a project or campaign that deals with a specific topic. We currently have four of these campaigns/working groups. They are:
- The Biodiversity campaign is working on increasing biodiversity on campus, as well as promoting more sustainable gardening and landscaping on campus. Biodiversity meets at 7 pm on Thursdays in the SEAC office.
- The Recycling Campaign is working on managing our recycling programs on campus so that they can sustain themselves. They also help with volunteer work needed to maintain these programs. Recycling meets at 8pm on Wednesdays in the SEAC office.
- The Surry Justice League is working on fighting a coal plant that is proposed in Surry County, just 15 miles from the College. Surry meets regularly on Mondays at 7pm in the SEAC office and has make-up meetings some Wednesdays at 6 pm in the SEAC office.
- The Campus Energy Campaign’s main goals are to bring sustainable energy to campus, and to educate about sustainable energy practices, and to make Sustainability Coordinator a permanent position of the administration. Energy meets at 8 pm on Tuesdays in the SEAC office.
- The Gardens/Food Potentiality Campaign works to maintain the Campus Gardens and promote sustainable food on campus. They meet on Wednesdays at 6:30 in the SEAC office.
- SEACSpace is a campaign that nurtures and develops SEAC’s creative energy, and helps you make your project a reality. Come to the SEAC office on Thursday nights from 7 to 10.
The SEAC office is located next to the ID Office in the Campus Center. Also, there are signs.
Please join us for one of these meetings! We would love your help.