SEAC does almost all of its concrete work in what we call campaigns. Most of these groups are working on one a project or campaign that deals with a specific topic.
Big SEAC meetings are when all of our campaigns get together on Mondays at 8:30 (Blair second floor). If you are new to SEAC, this is the best meeting to attend – you can learn about our campaigns and pick the right one for you.
- Recycling is working on managing our recycling programs on campus so that they can sustain themselves and recycling solo cups on campus. They also help with volunteer work needed to maintain these programs. Recycling meets on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 in the SEAC office.
- Energy Justice – Seize the Grid – a new campaign from our Energy Justice group, dedicated to 100% clean energy at W&M by 2030. Meetings are Sundays at 7pm in the SEAC Office.
- The Campus Gardens/Gardens Corp works to maintain the Campus Gardens and promote sustainable food on campus. See SEAC Minutes for weekly meeting times.
- Take Back the Tap is dedicated to promoting water bottle usage on campus.
- SEACSPACE is not an official “campaign,” but it is a time to get together to refocus, recharge and reflect. Come for coloring, crafting, and discussing the philosophy behind environmentalism (optional, of course).
- Eco-Schools Leadership Initiative: Interested in educating kids about the environment? Join Eco-Schools Leadership Initiative (ESLI) and go to Matthew Whaley to teach kids about environmental topics through interactive games and activities. We meet on Thursdays at 3:45 in the SEAC office.
- Restoration is working on revitalizing and restoring spots around campus with native plants and sustainable projects. Currently, the group is working on the Crim Dell area.
The SEAC office is located next to the Meditation Room in the Campus Center (near the ID Office).
Please join us for one of these meetings! We would love your help.