HELLO EVERYONE! Here are the minutes for this week:
GO AROUND: Your favorite CHEESE! Smoked gouda, mozzarella balls, cream cheese??
Guest Speaker: Katie from Relay Foods!
- -new model for grocery shopping
- -make local products available for purchase online and are delivered at a local point = efficient
- -farmer’s market and farm fresh and whole foods-Amazon style (online)
- –THIS IS SUPER COOL I WANNA SHOUT ABOUT IT y’all should check it out – you can get $25 worth of groceries for $1 just for checking this out 🙂 put your name and contact info in here if you are interested>>>>https://docs.
google.com/a/email.wm.edu/ document/d/1Rn-OEMJtiSp- NhwSh2obmoNealVOk9u0jPsgTXmVl4 U/edit
- -visit relayfoods.com for more info or email email@example.com
- Co-facilitators: Madeline and Jacob
- SEACretaries: Katie J. and Abby H.
- Historian/Webmaster: Shane, Erin G., and Arie
- In-reach: Ian H., Ashley, and Natalie
- Treasurer/Fundraiser: Kevin
- Outreach Coordinator: Ben, Abby M., Elana, and Anne
Congrats to all our new exec members! 🙂
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- Survey about Sustainability Concentration/Minor: if you are interested in the possibility of a sustainability academic concentration, contact: Alyssa Zhu, firstname.lastname@example.org; survey at: https://wmsurveys.qualtrics.
- Committee on Sustainability: If you want to learn how to be involved or have questions about things like Green Fees, check out COS’s page at http://www.wm.edu/sites/
sustainability/index.php or email the fabulous Sustainability Fellow Patrick Foley at email@example.com for more info about proposed summer projects & plastic bag recycling project & COS Grants!
- Trash Pick-Ups: Meets Sunday, 2pm meeting on the terrace!
- We have to clean the SEAC Office! -Sign up for shifts on a googledoc posted here: http://seac.blogs.wm.edu or here is the url:https://docs.google.com/a/email.wm.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiVnD9GD4_1qdHJPMjFEeXBRbFhiZGlxUHVTVDMyS0E#gid=0
- Virginia Powershift:April 5-6th in Richmond! Talk to Anne if you’d like to go! — it’s FREE (despite what the form says) and you can register here https://docs.google.com/a/email.wm.edu/forms/d/1DJZQkElAvgT1O5PoP3CaWRuT6xVPG00geTJNPMpgydM/viewform
- AMP Sustainability Matoaka Day:Saturday April 5th, 12-3pm at the Keck Lab
- College Creek Cleanup: postponed to April 12th (Saturday 9-12pm)
- SEAC Retreat!: Sunday April 13th: we will be at the Keck Lab from about 10am-3pm and there will be guest speakers and fun times!
- Camping in Surry: April 18th yay!
Here are our current sub-campaigns: (which have their own list-servs)
Recycling: Meets Wednesdays 8 in the SEAC office; Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Recycling listserv! Also the free market is now open Tuesdays 5-6 and Thursday 6-7.
- -will have a table at Earth Week!
Gardening: Meets Tuesdays 5-7 (outside) or 6-7 (inside) and Sundays 3-5 in the Campus Garden behind the Caf/Commons dining hall; also meets on Thursdays at 7pm in the SEAC office. Email bmoling
- -went to a community garden which was really cool
- -will be working in the gardens tomorrow also so come on by if ya want
Energy Justice: Meets Sundays, SEAC
- -went to Surry and picked up trash and got dinner and it was great
- -will return to Surry
- -organizing a camping trip 🙂
IN the FUTURE…
Current Events Discussions: we are going to talk about recent events and articles in upcoming meetings
Guest Speakers: if anyone knows some interesting speakers that could come to campus, let us know!
Former SEACers Networking: we have three confirmed alumni who maybe could talk at the SEAC retreat so again if you know anyone let’s get in contact
SEAC Retreat: things you want to teach us? good food you want to eat? crafts you want to share?
-Come to our upcoming SEAC Retreat (and email Scott or Natalie if you have ideas)! It will be happening on a Saturdayin April, and graduated SEACers will likely be coming to talk to us.
*email us with ideas if there is something specifically you want to talk about*
Contact info in case any of you need it:
Email Natalie & Scott for any questions, comments, or even just to say hi!
Office hours: every Monday in Blair 223 at 8-8:30
SEAC Office: back of Campus Center behind the atrium; if you need access to the SEAC room let Natalie/Scott know but remember to clean up after yourself!
Hope y’all enjoy this fabulous week 🙂